CARES, Inc., an Albany, NY based not-for-profit agency, www.caresny.org, is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, 40 hours per week, position. Health benefits and paid vacation included. Interested candidates must submit a current resume AND a cover letter explaining how you think your background and experiences will qualify you for this position. Salary will be based on experience and education; starting at $50,000.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities: This position requires diverse analysis in support of homeless service providers, local municipalities and key stakeholders to better understand the evolving needs of the homeless population in the Capital Region.
This position reports directly to CARES’ Continuum of Care (CoC), Unit Director. Ongoing duties include:
• Data analysis supporting six (6) Continuums of Care
• Facilitate community planning efforts focused on development and monitoring of CoC strategic planning to end homelessness
• Assist and complete any additional administrative tasks noted within the Planning Project Application as assigned by the Unit Director
• Master’s Degree in Human Services or Related Field (not limited to but including Urban Planning, Public Policy, Legal/Social Justice)
• Accomplished professional with at least of 5 years of experience analyzing and interpreting data
• Ability to travel both locally and out of area, including occasional overnight stays
• Ability to collaborate with professionals in the private and public sectors as well as with local, state and federal government agencies
• Ability to be adaptable in an environment that is often evolving
• Detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight time constraints
• Have an independent, confident and trustworthy work ethic
200 Henry Johnson Blvd, Suite 4
Albany, NY 12210