The City of Schenectady is seeking a Community Development Program Monitor to work in its Department of Development to review and monitor project progress and compliance, including providing technical assistance to community organizations regarding program compliance requirements relative to Federally funded housing and Consolidated Plan programs. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible to review projects for environmental impact. The work is performed under supervision of the Director of Development.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Monitors and does liaison work with Federally funded or Consolidated Plan sub-recipients, including project facilitation, assistance and guidance, on-site visits, responding to requests for information and providing help through various steps of the Consolidated Plan application process and project implementation through completion;
- Manages Federally funded or Consolidate Plan sub-recipient projects, including processing of required reports, maintenance of project files/client records, and processing and verification of requisitions, vouchers and drawdown requests;
- Assists in the development of Federally funded or Consolidation Plan sub-recipient applications and contracts;
- Develops and maintains the City’s Environmental Review Record for Federally funded or Consolidated Plan projects to identify impact, possible modification, and the preparation of related environmental notices;
- Develops and maintains records as necessary for compliance with housing, anti-displacement and relocation regulations and other regulations related to Federally funded Consolidated Plan programs;
- Tabulates statistical data for use in population, housing, community development and land use reports as assigned;
- Prepares required forms, notices, reports and correspondence relating to work assignments and maintains records and files accordingly;
- Works on community development program initiatives or other programs dealing with planning, housing and community development;
- Works in cooperation with other departments on matters of mutual interest;
- Performs a variety of related duties as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Working knowledge of laws, regulations and policies governing Federally funded housing programs; working knowledge of the geographic, social and economic structure of the City; working knowledge of the techniques of monitoring compliance with contractual agreements and expenditures of program funds; working knowledge of data collection, tabulation and analysis; working knowledge of research methods; ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with public officials, not for profit agencies, civic groups, contractors and the general public; ability to understand and follow detailed oral and written instructions; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Science, Urban Planning or a related field and two years of experience in community development planning or program management; OR
(B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered two-year college or university with an Associate’s Degree and four (4) years of experience as defined by the limits of (A) above; OR
(C) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (AT THE TIME OF APPOINTMENT)
- Possession of a valid New York State Driver’s License and must maintain such license throughout the duration of employment.
- Applicants must be residents of the City of Schenectady and remain residents throughout employment.
All interested parties should submit completed City of Schenectady Applications or resumes to:
Personnel & Benefits Administrator
City Hall, Room 105
Schenectady NY 12305
Resumes can also be emailed to me at email@example.com.