NYSDEC’s Bureau of Flood Protection and Dam Safety is hosting a free Floodplain Management Training session on Tuesday, October 13th from 9:30am to 4:30pm. This event, co-presented by The Albany County Soil & Water Conservation District, will be held at the William F. Rice Extension Center, 24 Martin Road, Voorheesville, NY, 12186.
Topics Addressed will include:
- FPM Training: A professional training covering the National Flood
- Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Floodplain development standards
- The Community Rating System (CRS)
- Elevation certificates
- Variances & appeals
- Letters Of Map Change (LOMC’s)
Who should Attend?
- Code Enforcement Officers
- Floodplain Administrators
- Local Elected Officials
- Building Inspectors
Note: This event will be limited to 50 attendees.
6 hours of Continuing Education Credits are available for code enforcement officers, professional engineers , and certified floodplain managers.