The National Park Service helps communities create close-to-home recreation opportunities. Their Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance program is accepting applications through August 1 for help with a wide range of community-led projects.
National Park Service staff can help local leaders:
- Develop close-to-home parks and greenways
- Manage community-led visioning, planning, and design
- Facilitate public involvement
- Build sustainable partnerships
- Engage youth through outdoor recreation skill-building and conservation stewardship
- Plan for trails, landscape conservation, water trails, river restoration, green transportation, and tourism
Can NPS help your community? Find out by first reviewing the application process and exploring current projects in your state. Then call or email a National Park Service staff member near you to discuss your idea, and let them know by July 15 if you intend to submit an application by the August 1 due date.
Do you still need help deciding whether the National Park Service might help you and your community? Check out this short video.