Whether you’re a planning or zoning board member, building inspector or even a planner that wants to brush up on your skills and find out what’s new in planning, the March 27 CDRPC Planning and Zoning Workshop is up your alley.
The event will be held at the Hudson Valley Community College’s Bulmer Center from 8:00am to 3:30pm. Check out a registration form but don’t wait. Register today to assure there’s a spot – this is a popular event.
Event topics include:
Zoning Board Overview* A discussion of the powers and duties of the Zoning Board of Appeals, including standards for issuances of use and area variances. NYS DOS Presenters: Chris Eastman & Linda King
Natural Resource Planning
- Creating a Natural Resources Inventory Laura Heady, Hudson River Estuary Program/Cornell University
- Local Tools and Strategies for Natural Resource Conservation Ingrid Haeckel, Hudson River Estuary Program/Cornell University
Climate & Energy
- Introduction to Solar Workshop Presenters: Adam Schnell & Justin Strachan, NYS Solar Ombudsman
- Energizing Citizens Presenter: Steven Anderson, Capital Region Solarize Supporter
- The challenges, opportunities, trends, and best practices for municipalities considering entering into Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) Presenter: Kari Hewitt, VHB
Planning Board Overview* A discussion of the powers and duties of the Planning Board including the comprehensive plan and the subdivision plat review process NYS DOS Presenters: Chris Eastman & Linda King
Green Infrastructure (GI) Practices
- How to address local laws with the goal of encouraging green infrastructure practices. Presenter: Nadine R. Medina, P.E., Barton & Loguidice,
- Lake George Beach Road Green Infrastructure Case Study Presenter: Thomas Baird, P.E., Barton & Loguidice, P.C.
- GI Lessons Learned Presenter: Tana Bigelow, Environmental Facilities Corp