Sign up now for the 7th Annual Mohawk Watershed Symposium, March 20, 2015 at Union College in Schenectady.
Congressman Paul Tonko, 20th District will address the audience prior to the reception at the end of the Symposium. Jim Tierney, New York State, Department of Environmental Conservation, Water and Watershed Assistant Commissioner will welcome the audience following the lunch break and briefly discuss watershed issues from the perspective of DEC. The Keynote address will be announced before the end of February.
Invited Speakers and tentative titles:
- Peter M. Nichols, Mohawk Watershed Coalition: Mohawk River Watershed Coalition update: Management plan – long term vision
- Howard Goebel, New York State Canal Corporation: Flood Warning and Optimization System for the Mohawk Watershed
- Scott George, U.S. Geological Survey, New York Water Science Center: Spatial differences in contemporary fish assemblages of the Mohawk River
- Alexander J. Smith, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Division of Water: Water quality monitoring and assessment in the Mohawk River Basin
- Angus Eaton, Department of Environmental Conservation: Clean Water Planning and TMDL Vision
- Sarah Crowell, New York State Department of State: Accomplishments and Status of NY Rising
There is still time for speakers to submit topics for the symposium. The abstract deadline to Feb 27, early registration deadline is March 1, 2015. Refer to the abstract format and submission guidelines on the program webpage, found here.