The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) seeks contractual support for a qualified team of planners, facilitators, and writers to assist the agency in development of a new strategic plan. Selected contractor(s) will work closely with ARC and its local and state partners to shape this new effort over the course of a nine-month period beginning in January 2015 and concluding by September 2015.
- The scope of work includes some or all of the following activities, based on contractor expertise and Commission needs:
- Work session with ARC staff to shape the planning process in Washington, DC
- Meeting design and facilitation for four public listening sessions in the Appalachian Region
- Meeting design and facilitation for one input session with members of Appalachia’s local development districts in Washington, DC
- Meeting design and facilitation for up to eight focus group discussions with regional experts and constituency groups identified by ARC at different locations in the Appalachian Region
- Design of tool or process for gathering input from the public online through social media and other venues
Click here for the full ARC announcement. Applications are due by January 12.