The Capital District Regional Planning Commission (CDRPC) has an opening for Economic Development Planner / Project Manager. This position involves the advanced application of planning and management skills in a collaborative team office environment.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Manage and coordinate the update and ongoing responsibilities associated with the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy per the EDA Program requirements
- Maintain and develop new stakeholder partnerships to promote regional economic development initiatives
- Provide technical support to economic development entities in the Region
- Responsible for implementation of the tasks outlined in the CEDS Document
- Monitor, maintain and update statistical spreadsheets on the CDRPC web site
- Responsible for meeting EDA grant reporting requirements
- Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Planning, Economic Development, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in planning or related fields; familiarity with economic development matters a plus;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledgeable about data bases and ability to process in ACCESS or equivalent
- Strong communication, analytical, problem-solving, and organization skills;
- Ability to speak effectively in a meeting setting;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
Salary range: High $50,000’s depending upon education and experience.
CDRPC hopes to fill the position as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CDRPC is an Equal Opportunity employer and follows Affirmative Action policies. Qualified women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume either electronically (in plain text or PDF) or hard copy to:
Donna Reinhart, Office Manager,
Capital District Regional Planning Commission
One Park Place, Suite 102
Albany, New York 12205