The Upstate New York Chapter of the American Planning Association is proud to announce the annual conference will be held in downtown Rochester at the Memorial Art Gallery, from Wednesday, September 17, 2014 through Friday September 19, 2014. This year’s conference theme is Practical Knowledge for Practical Planning and will include three concurrent tracks as well as mobile workshop tours.
If you have a presentation or interesting case study that you would like to share at the conference, please submit your information on the Session Proposal Form. Session duration should be 90 minutes total including time for Q & A. Individual session proposals and panel sessions are welcome. If proposing a panel session a moderator is required and each panelist should present for 20-40 minutes. Please be sure to include enough time for Q & A. The conference committee may select individual presentations and combine them into a panel if complimentary sessions are proposed. Session proposals should include:
- Topic / Title with noted applicability to the topics itemized above, it is expected that many sessions will provide a cross section of identified topics;
- Names and bios for speakers;
- A brief (300 word max) description of the proposed session;
- A 3-sentence (50-60 word) summary for program purposes;
- A summary of PowerPoint/video/sound/graphics equipment required (optional).
Please submit your session proposal form electronically by 5:00 pm Monday, March 31, 2014 to:
Anna Liisa Keller
firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. 585-362-7550
If you have questions, please contact Anna Liisa at (585) 362-7550. Additional questions regarding the conference can also be directed to Genesee/Finger Lakes Section Conference Co-Chairs:
Thank you very much for your anticipated response and conference participation!