Saratoga Springs Office
We are seeking qualified local candidates to fill the full time position of Community Planner in our Saratoga Springs Office. Candidates should have 1-3 years of professional experience and be a dynamic, hardworking, dedicated professional that can assist with community and economic development and environmental planning projects.
This position is ideal for candidates that are looking to enhance their professional skills and a desire to advance professionally, as it offers great growth potential.
Our office is located just off Broadway in the City of Saratoga Springs, walking distance to restaurants, shopping, parks, live music, and the Saratoga Race Course. We are just minutes from Saratoga Lake and Spa State Park – home to the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC). We always aim for a welcoming culture here at Saratoga Associates – offering personalized birthday cakes and monthly happy hours. Come join our team!
A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related field.
This position will report to a Senior Planner for support in active design and construction projects and will cover various aspects of those projects, including but not limited to:
- Collaborate on projects that focus on a broad spectrum of site design and community planning;
- Participate in project meetings, public presentations, and community outreach activities;
- Develop occasional presentation graphics and plans.
- Provide support for research and data analysis as well as written reports, narratives, and permitting applications.
- Execute design-related tasks, technical deliverables, and administrative assignments;
Desired Skill Set:
- 1-3 years of planning, design and permitting experience;
- Strong working knowledge and experience using ArcGIS/Spatial Analyst, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office.
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proof of US citizenship or permanent resident status.
Saratoga Associates is an equal opportunity employer offering excellent advancement potential, and unique work environment, 401(k), and health benefits.
Please submit a letter of introduction, resume and portfolio to:
The Marketing Department
Saratoga Associates Landscape Architects, Architects, Engineers, and Planners, P.C.
21 Congress Street, Suite 201
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866