The Planner will provide support to municipal planning and zoning boards in the conduct of the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) as well as in the review of site plans, special use permits, and zoning variances. This work will involve an understanding of federal, state and local laws and regulations; review and analysis of site plan, special use permit and/or zoning application materials; preparation of review memoranda and draft resolutions; attendance at municipal meetings (typically conducted on weekday evenings) as well as coordination with applicants, applicant engineers/attorneys and municipal representatives. The Planner will review and draft local land-use laws and will support municipal decisions concerning land use by preparing SEQRA documents (EAFs, Environmental Impact Statements, Determinations, and Findings Statements). In addition to supporting the local land use review process, the Planner will work with ArcGIS software to conduct environmental analysis and to prepare maps for use by other professionals in the Albany office. The Planner will also support technical report and construction specification preparation, including writing and editing, formatting, and document distribution.
- BS or BA in Geography/Planning, English, History, Political Science, Environmental Science or related field
- Masters in Regional Planning a plus
- Prior office experience; Detail Orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel and ArcGIS software
- Ability to attend weekday evening meetings within a two-hour one-way drive of Albany
For more information and to apply, click here.